Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day 7: Favorite Movie

Oh Boy. 

The fact that I love movies is by no means a secret. So how can I choose one? Well, I really can't because I have so many favourite movies that I'd be here for days if I even tried to write about all of them. And that is sadly not an overstatement.

So what movie did I choose after alot of thinking.
I want to say I chose a really cool cult movie like Donnie Darko, but I didnt.
I want to say that I chose Trainspotting, because it's psycological and really strange and weird, but I didn't.
I didn't even choose a movie starring Johnny Depp. Surprising, I know.
No I chose a movie that I will never tire of watching, no matter how many times I've seen it.

I chose...Rob Reiner's Stand by Me.

This is what I wrote about it on Flixster;

(First Lines) " I was 12 going on 13 the first time I saw a dead human being. It happened in the summer of 1959 - a long time ago, but only if you measure in terms of years. I was living in a small town in Oregon called Castle Rock; there were only twelve hundred and eighty-one people, but to me it was the whole world."

The movie is about a man who after finding out about his friends tradgic death writes down their story. A story about the best summer they ever had together. The summer the four best friends, Gordie(The writer), Chris,Teddy and Vern set out to find the corpse of a boy that has gone missing. We follow them through their journey and watch the adventure of their lives...well, any 12 year old going on 13 would think of it as an adventure... I love this movie. It's a cute movie about friendship. The boys are over-dramatic and funny...and you just cant help but laugh with them...and feel sorry for them. And the Cobras...those guys should have their own movie x) I love Ace and Eyeball... It's a very simple movie...but it is truly amazing. Definitley worth watching...  

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"

I love this movie. And I will never stop loving it and I've seen it too many times to count. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I like it, but how come one of your favorites is Fight Club?
    Regards
    Zvi Tel Aviv, Israel

    ReplyDelete
  2. How come one of my favorite movies is Fight Club? Well, I adore Edward Norton and Helena Bonham Carter, for one. It is ridiculously strange and original, plus a total cult flick. And I admire David Finchers movies and like his style alot. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails