Sunday, November 8, 2009

Father's Day.

Today we celebrate Father's Day here in Finland. The day we celebrate all fathers.

We celebrated my dad with small gifts and congratulations. My dad is the best dad in the world...but I am slightly biased, right?

The thing is; I am, always have been and probably always will be a Daddy's Girl. And I'm not ashamed to say it, because it's true (I even have a beanie that says "Daddy's Girl". Then it has to be true, right?).
It's been that way ever since I was a toddler.
There's this epic picture of me and my dad lying on the living room floor. Him reading a "Truckers" magazine and I'm holding a childrens picture book. There we are both  lying on our backs with out hands above our heads holding the mentioned reading material. Exact same poses. There is no doubt that I am mimicking him. I can't be more than a year old on the picture.

My dad is awesome, he's like my hero in a way. Because there's nothing he can't do. He works so damn hard and really doesn't get enough credit for all the things he does. I sometimes can't understand how he has the strenght to do what he does every single day.
My dad has always been there for me, always. I have this conection with him that I can't explain...he understands me and I him. Mom always says we are too much alike sometimes. I always smile mentally when she says that.

My dad has been through alot and there was a point a couple of years ago when I feared he wouldn't make it. That was one of the scariest moments of my life.
I remember waking up crying so many nights from these horrible nightmares that I still haven't forgotten to this very day. I don't know if I ever will forget them...or if I want to. They remind me of how great my dad is and how tough and strong he can be. He can be the funniest, kindest, smartest guy in the room...but he can also be the nosiest, strangest and most ignorant guy there. And I love him for all of it. I probably don't say it enough but I do.

And even if I might have (on more than one occasion) said that Johnny Depp is the greatest man on earth...Dad, both you and I know that that isn't true. Because Johnny aint got nothing on you Dad. You are and always will be the greatest man in my world.

So this is for you Dad, the greatest man ever (atleast to me).

I love you and Happy Fathers Day.

Love, Daddy's Little Girl.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done.

    It's OK to be a daddy's girl.

    I'm just about to become a dad, so here's hoping I get the same.

    Unless it's a boy, er, obviously....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails